Persian Rug Repair San Fernando Valley
Persian rug repair needs for San Fernando Valley have been served by Antique Rug Company’s repair workshop since 1980. Call and bring your rugs in for inspection and advice or we’ll schedule our crew to pick up from you.
Your handmade rugs are valuable works of art. Whether antique, collectible, family heirloom or new, all rugs should have proper care when in use. We recommend viewing the maintenance suggestions outlined at RUG CARE section to keep your rugs in good condition as they are used over the years.
Accidents can happen and cause rug damage. When a rug is damaged, it is best to ask for professional advice promptly and avoid further damage. Our knowledgeable rug weavers can help you by inspecting your rug and presenting you with repair and restoration options.
There is no project too small or too large for our workshop. Over the years we have repaired many types of handmade and machine made area rugs, from Oriental, Persian to Navajo and mechanical productions. A sampling of Before and After images for previous rug repairs we completed are linked at end of this page.
When evaluating a rug for repairs, we carefully:
- Examine your rug thoroughly to determine if Oriental rug cleaning is beneficial or necessary. See RUG CLEANING section.
- Inspect your rug to determine the appropriate repair options.
The best repairs are done by rug weavers who specialize in a rug’s particular type of weaving. No repair specialist can do the best possible for every kind of handmade rug. For every restoration project, small or large, we take care in applying the following steps:
- Assign the project to a specialist for the rug’s particular type of weaving.
- Maintain both the artistic and technical aspects of the rug repair process.
- Use materials and techniques that best replicate the original structure and foundation of the rug.
- Use dyed yarns that best blend with the restored area’s surroundings.
Rest assured; your valued handmade rug is in good hands at Antique Rug Co.