Persian Rug Repair Encino
Since 1980 Persian rug repair service for Encino and San Fernando Valley has been provided by Antique Rug Company’s rug repair workshop. Call to bring your rugs for an in-person inspection and advice or to schedule a pick up.
Your handmade rugs are valuable works of art. Whether antique, old, vintage, collectible, family heirloom or new, rugs should be maintained as they are used over the years. We recommend following the maintenance and conservation suggestions listed at our RUG CARE section to maintain your rugs in good condition.
But when accidents cause rug damage, it is our advice to repair your rug early and avoid risk of additional damage. Our knowledgeable rug weavers and restorers can provide you with maintenance, repair and restoration advice and options.
Over the years we have restored all types of area rugs — Oriental, Persian, Navajo, mechanical and other types. When evaluating a rug for repairs, we carefully:
- Examine your rug thoroughly to determine if Oriental rug cleaning is beneficial or necessary.
See RUG CLEANING section.
- Inspect your rug to determine the appropriate repair options.
The best repairs are done by rug weavers who specialize in a rug’s particular type of weaving. No repair specialist can do the best possible for every kind of handmade rug. For every restoration project, small or large, we take care in applying the following steps:
- Assign the project to a specialist for the rug’s particular type of weaving.
- Maintain both the artistic and technical aspects of the rug repair process.
- Use materials and techniques that best replicate the original structure and foundation of the rug.
- Use dyed yarns that best blend with the restored area’s surroundings.
Rest assured; your valued handmade rug is in good hands at Antique Rug Co.